Junior Computer Systems Administrator Job Description:
The ideal candidate for this position will have strong hardware experience, MS Office skills, moderate Windows Server knowledge, strong interpersonal skills, and moderate network skills.
ACC Technical Services has had the privilege to provide premium IT services to our clients for over 20 years, made possible by our networking team. We are seeking a talented team player ready for an opportunity to learn and grow. Our team is primarily made up of home-grown talent. We hire smart people who are serious about being successful, then we provide them with the opportunities and support they need to advance their careers. Most join the networking department in a level 1 role, then grow into their specialization based on ability and drive. By integrating professional development into the business, we provide an environment within which driven individuals can participate in real career advancement while making a contribution to our team.
- 1+ year practical IT experience (will consider internship)
- Strong hardware and Microsoft Office skills
- Moderate understanding of networking fundamentals (routing, wired, and wireless network)
- Moderate understanding of Microsoft technologies (Exchange, 2K8/2012R2, W7,W8, AD)
- Moderate understanding of VMware technologies
- Mac and/or Linux experience a plus but not required
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrate attempts at independent continuing education (certifications, home network, etc.)
- Open-mindedness and a willingness to learn new technologies and concepts
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills along with a great attitude
- Goal-oriented personality with specific career objectives
- Must have good driving record with reliable car
This is a full-time position. The successful candidate will be working on a diverse set of issues and projects. They will be focused on our clients' workstations, file servers, and networking equipment performing typical systems administrator support tasks. The ideal candidate will also provide technical assistance to computer system users as well as answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, via telephone, or from a remote location. They will provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, email, and operating systems. Onsite and remote support are both part of this position. It is expected that this candidate will progress into a systems administrator position working on high-end projects and server deployment as well as maintaining those environments. Along with increased ability and responsibility will come increased compensation.
Local candidates only. No third party vendors.
This is a full-time position. ACC Technical Services offer benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, and 401k plans.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reviewing your application!
We also have an opening for a .NET Applications Developer to join our team. This is a full-time position in our Syracuse office, although a part-time position under the right conditions will also be considered. Only local candidates will be considered for this position.
.NET Applications Developer Job Description:
The primary function of the .NET Applications Developer will be analyzing and developing programming applications for our clients. This includes analysis, testing, implementation, and maintenance of software modules, enhancements, and purchased software products to support business functions. The applications developer is responsible for:
• Technical documentation
• Project planning with project manager
• Application development
• MS SQL design and development
• Thorough testing
• Keeping to deadlines
• Ability to plan, organize, schedule, and implement multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent conceptual and organizational skills.
• Willingness to keep up with developments in new technologies – must have a passion for learning new things.
• Oral and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member while using discretion in decision-making and sound judgment in problem solving.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with colleagues and clients.
• B.A. or B.S. degree in computer science or equivalent work experience. Real development experience is the most important factor.
• At least one year of experience developing web applications and writing production code.
• Must have real code samples and past projects to review
• Experience with the following is required:
o Microsoft SQL databases
• Entity Framework
• Stored procedures
o .NET development
o ASP.NET website development
• MVC with Razor
• Web Forms
o C# experience
Other Desirable Qualifications/Experience:
• Mobile technologies
• Website/application design principles
• SharePoint development
• Access databases
Please submit your resume along with any salary requirements to email@example.com.
ACC Technical Services is committed to providing continuing education and training for our employees through certification programs. We also offer benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, and 401k plans. We look forward to reviewing your application!